Reach developers with a heart for developing high-quality software!
The Software Engineering Unlocked podcast is an up and coming show directed to developers, and engineering leaders. Two things all listeners have in common is the drive to build better software and better engineering cultures.
Sponsors that make a perfect match with the Software Engineering Unlocked podcast include sponsors that:
- offer software that makes developers’ lives better,
- are looking to hire talented folks,
- provide high-quality training and education resources such as courses or books, or,
- offer high-quality products that are beneficial for developers.
5,000+ Twitter followers
What Sponsor Say
Sponsoring Software Engineering Unlocked was fun and worth the investment! Working with Michaela is always great – she was very attentive to our advertising goals, spent time learning about our product, and spoke about us to her audience from a place of true authenticity. We saw real engagement after the ads and are excited to continue working with her in the future.
Tracy Phillips, Co-Founder at CodeSubmit
We sponsored SE Unlocked when launching our public beta and found it to be a smooth and worthwhile experience. The collaboration was highly pleasant, from first contact until the release and distribution of the episode, with a fast turnaround time. The ability to present our product in a 45 min episode allowed us to really dive deep into the product and was a great fit for the launch. Michaela proactively provided us with a thought-provoking interview outline and worked with us to fine-tune it. As the interview was only scripted enough to spark the initial conversation, we were able to present our product authentically and this made the episode educational and informative for the listener Michaela was a great interviewer too; overall we had a fantastic experience and would easily recommend SE Unlocked.
Elena Boroda, Head of Marketing at Fiberplane
Why advertise on the SE Unlocked podcast?
The main positive effects of sponsoring the Software Engineering podcasts is to be able to build brand awareness, create a positive association with the product, and reach a very targeted audience.
You have to imagine that podcast listeners have a very strong relationship with the podcast and with me as the host. They spend several hours per month listening to my show, and the audience is highly educated and often in a position to make purchasing decisions in their company. This is also the reason why it's important that there is a great match between your product and my audience.
Another benefit that previous sponsors reported is link building. After sponsoring the episodes, sponsors reported that their backlink profile had had a nice push. Finally, podcasts also work for direct response advertising, meaning generating clicks on your website or purchases. Yet, as listeners are often not on their devices but instead listening carefully, this is harder to measure as they often visit the website later on (and not through a trackable link).
How it works?
We love to personally report about our experience with your product. This also yields the best results. Therefore, whenever possible, we want to make sure to test out the product, or see it in action via a demo.
In addition, we offer to work with you on your ad message, so that your message feels authentic and keeps the tone of the show.
Alternatively, you can also send us our favorite script that we read.
We offer two options for advertising with us: 60-second podcast advertisements (ad-spots), and 45-min sponsored episodes.
Ad-spots are 60-second advertisements that play at the beginning of each show. During this time, we will promote your company and its products by highlighting the key features and benefits, as well as how listeners can find and purchase the product (website).
Ad-spots are best used for building brand awareness and can be most effective when aired multiple times in succession to help listeners remember the brand and product.
Sponsored episodes, on the other hand, are an entire episode dedicated to your company and its product. The episode will be approximately 45 minutes long and will delve into either the technical and engineering processes that went into creating the product, the ins and uts of the product, or the company's founding story.
Sponsored episodes are ideal for those who want to provide more in-depth information about their product, and build trust amongst the developer community. For example, Fiberplane used a sponsored episode to increase brand recognition.
Because the best results for podcast advertisers are achieved when the podcast sponsors appear on a few consecutive shows*, we highly encourage you to book a multi-show-package and profit from the discounted rates.
- Multi-show 3+ appearances — €540 Euro per show
- Multi-show 6+ appearances — €399 Euro per show
- Single show appearance — €850 Euro per show
When there is an excellent fit between your product and our audience, we allow you as a sponsored speakers, giving all the spotlight to you for 45 minutes. A sponsored speaker episode costs €1490 Euros.
*The benefits of booking multiple ad-spots
- Increased brand recognition: Booking multiple ad-spots in a row helps listeners become familiar with your brand and product, leading to increased recognition and recall.
- Increased exposure: Having multiple ad-spots allows for greater exposure to the target audience, leading to increased brand awareness and increased conversion rates.
- Improved cost-effectiveness: Booking multiple ad-spots comes with a discount, making it a more cost-effective way to reach your target audience compared to booking a single advertisement.
- Reinforcement of key messages: Booking multiple ad-spots reinforces key messages and features of the product, helping to solidify the listener's understanding and recall of the product.
- Building a relationship with the audience: Consistently appearing in the listener's feed can help establish a relationship with the audience and build trust in the brand.
What you will get
- A one-minute sponsor spot at the beginning of the show .
- A dedicated sponsorship section on the episode website page including a link to your website, and a slogan.
- A sponsorship section within the show notes syndicated to podcast clients and our RSS feed, reaching users independent of the podcast client.
- One tweet introducing you to our Twitter audience for every three episodes sponsored.
- At least one mention in our monthly SE Unlocked newsletter – and follow-up mentions as long as you are an active sponsor.
- We currently only accept two external sponsors per episode, making sure you get all the spotlight.
Topics of the Software Engineering Unlocked podcast
The topics discussed in the podcast range from engineering methodologies to software engineering best practices, and experience reports of day-to-day work life at certain companies.
Another topic that is highly valuable is interviewing experiences and hiring decisions, attracting listeners that are ready for a new role.
Sponsoring the podcast is ideal for all who want to reach an engaged audience that is enthusiastic about software quality, software engineering rigor, and that strives to build welcoming and including engineering cultures.
Just within one year, the podcast has reached a wide audience of quality-focused software engineers and product-folks. The podcast has been listened to over 160,000 times. Each episode averages around 1,500 listens. The number of listens each episode gets is quite stable, showing a loyal, yet growing listener base. Some of the most downloaded episodes reach around 5,000 people.
Most of our listeners are from the USA 36%, Europe 35%, and Canada 4.72%.
- USA 36.3%
- UK 9.28%
- Germany 7.98%
- Canada 4.72%
- India 3.18%
- Australia 2.83%
- France 2.44%
- The Netherlands 2.38%
- Brazil 1.94%
- Austria 1.77%
Copyright 2022 Doctor McKayla